A quality education is important for all people who want to develop their artistic abilities. Sadly, not everyone can afford one. Daunting expenses mean thousands of students can’t pursue their educational goals every year. At patrickdearteaga.com, education is valued and Patrick de Arteaga wants himself to help talented artists with the finances for their higher studies.
As a musician, Patrick was never able to have a scholarship to help pay for training expenses, and all his free royalty-free music and the philosophy of free sharing is evidence of an altruistic feeling that has been developed.
Thus, and in collaboration with other artists from various branches of art to help review the applications, we are pleased to announce our very first scholarship “Patrick de Arteaga Scholarship for Artists” to assist students to achieve their educational goals. The $500 yearly scholarship will be awarded to one student for their education expenses. Further, our aim is to double this amount for next year’s program.
The scholarship amount is $500 USD and it will be awarded to one student for their education expenses. Due to the price of the most of education expenses, this scholarship is not exclusive, allowing it to be accumulated with other external scholarship programs.
Who is Eligible for the Scholarship?
We want to help a student who is really in need of funds for their studies. Both Undergraduate Students and Graduate Students can apply for the scholarship program, provided they are enrolled in a full-time or part-time degree program in an accredited college or graduate school. Minimum GPA: 2.5
How to Apply for the Scholarship?
Applying for the scholarship is easy. We have intentionally made the application process very simple so that only a maximum number of students can apply for it. Only one winner will be selected.
Here are the steps to apply for the scholarship program:
- Write an essay of 1200+ words on the topic “How music and arts can change the world”, understanding art in its widest sense, including literature, fine arts, performance, dance and every expression of human creative skill and imagination, like film making, video games, etc.
- Make sure your essay is unique and creative. Plagiarism or copyright infringements will not be tolerated, and if we have found that you have copied the content of your essay from some other source then your application will be immediately rejected.
- All applications should be sent through the aplication form below and the essay should be made in a Word format only. PDFs or Link to Google Docs will not be accepted.
- You should mention your full name, your school/university name, phone number, and email address in the scholarship application.
- You should not provide any other information other than that mentioned above.
- You must submit your essay on or before December 31st, 2019.
- After the application deadline has passed, our team will judge your essay on creativity, the value you have provided, and its thoughtfulness.
- The winner will be announced on January 15th, 2020 and the winner will be notified by email.
Fill out this Application Form to apply for the Patrick de Arteaga Scholarship for Artists. You might need a Google account to access to the application form. If you have a problem with access, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the issue.
How will applications be reviewed?
Our team will manually review each article/application submitted and list the winner on this page and social networks after the deadline date. Also, the essay of the winner will be posted on patrickdearteaga.com being a honor for us to show and contribute to how music and arts can change the world.
In order for your essay to be more valuable, try to make your best effort when writing by keeping in mind originality, readability and by providing references.